STEP Mentees

View Only
  • 1.  Weekly Training: 7 Steps to Prep for Your Senior Year, CSD Undergrad

Posted 05-03-2017 03:07 PM

Weekly Training: 7 Steps to Prep for Your Senior Year, CSD Undergrad

You have now completed the first three years of your undergrad degree. Phew, 3 down and 1 to go…your senior year. If you will be an undergrad senior this fall, 7 Steps to Prep for Your Senior Year, CSD Undergrad, has some pointers to make your transition to graduate school successful.  

Peer Discussion: (Please use this community to share and talk with each other)

For those of you who are in grad school, do you have additional steps to share. What was the key to making your transition from undergrad to grad a success?

------------------------------
    Charlet Beale
    Rockville, MD

• 2.  RE: Weekly Training: 7 Steps to Prep for Your Senior Year, CSD Undergrad

Posted 05-03-2017 07:46 PM
    Loved this article. I will be starting  my senior year this fall. This summer I will  be prepping for the GRE and looking into Graduate schools. This was very informative!! Good luck to all with finals!

Janet Reyes
    Pomona, CA

• 3.  RE: Weekly Training: 7 Steps to Prep for Your Senior Year, CSD Undergrad

Posted 05-03-2017 10:14 PM
    Funny enough, I agree with the final piece of advice not explicitly listed: get involved! This was huge for me, but only after getting into graduate school. There are so many connections I've made that I wish I made sooner. Not only are you helping those in need, but you are putting yourself right in the middle of your intended field! Never underestimate the power of community involvement. You have the opportunity to find great connections that could potentially impact your schooling and even career. I have learned so much just from stepping out into the community for local walks and fundraising events. You also never know who is at these events! As important as grades are, community outreach is just as important to admission boards. By attending these events, it shows your eagerness to not only be involved in this field but also to be involved with the population you intend to treat. It is never too early (or too late!) to start making those connections. 

All the best,

Rayna Hervis