STEP

National NSSLHA Leadership Applications Open

• 1.  National NSSLHA Leadership Applications Open

Posted 03-27-2019 04:35 PM

National NSSLHA Leadership Applications Open

You're honing your clinical skills. Now, hone your leadership skills-and reach your goals!

National NSSLHA has five Executive Council, two Regional Council, and 100+ Student State Officer positions available that will give you unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow as a leader. 

Check out what some of National NSSLHA's current leaders have to say about expanding their networks, accomplishing goals during their terms, and nabbing leadership opportunities: 

"I was able to attend and present at the National Black Association for Speech-Language and Hearing (NBASLH) Convention." –Charlotte Miller, Vice President for Planning 

"This year, we set a goal of sending 500 letters to legislators about CSD-related issues. We surpassed it and sent approximately 9,500 letters!" Michelle D'Mello, Vice President for Government Affairs and Public Policy 

"It's important to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. Sometimes, the things you love the most are found in the moments we least expect." –Mary Smyers, Illinois Student State Officer 

"From holding this position, I've gained the insight that being an online or distance-learning student does not have to hold you back. You should always reach for your dreams!" –Chelsea Woodard, Vice President for Academic Affairs 

"I helped connect thousands of CSD students through NSSLHA events at the ASHA Convention last year in Boston!" Brandon Roppel, Vice President for Programming (AuD) 

So, take all the knowledge and experience you've gained through MSLP and S.T.E.P. and put it towards a real-life opportunity with National NSSLHA! Not interested? Please share this with friends who may be! 

But hurry-applications are due April 19! 

Questions? Email nsslha@asha.org.

Please post a message here if you are accepted for one of the NSSLHA leadership positions.

------------------------------
    Melanie Johnson
    Membership Program Manager
    ------------------------------