STEP

Be a NSSLHA Blogger!

• 1.  Be a NSSLHA Blogger!

Posted 06-05-2019 02:27 PM

Be a NSSLHA Blogger!

The National NSSLHA Blog is written by CSD students, for CSD students … and they're searching for bloggers! Do you have a story to share?

They're looking for students to write about:

• How to conduct literary searches
    • How to stand out as a post-bacc student
    • How to advocate for yourself (i.e., in an uncomfortable CF situation)
    • How to overcome issues related to diversity and cultural competence
    • How to create a poster presentation and/or submit an abstract
    • Tips for applying to grad school
    • Tips for writing diagnostic reports
    • Tips for managing and/or overcome student loan debt
    • Tips for undergrads and/or grads to build their resumes
    • What to look for in a grad program
    • What to do if you're thinking about a PhD program

Not experienced or interested in any of these topics? That's OK! If you have another topic idea you'd like to propose, just let NSSLHA know.

Posts are typically between 600-800 words, and they'll work closely with you to draft your awesome post! This is a one-time volunteer opportunity, so it shouldn't be too time consuming. Of course, if you're interested in writing about more than one blog topic, they'd love to have you!

If interested, please fill out their Blogger Application (scroll to the bottom of the page). They may take a couple of weeks to get back to you, but don't worry, they will!

Feel free to email any questions to nsslha@asha.org.

------------------------------
    Melanie Johnson
    Membership Program Manager
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Be a NSSLHA Blogger!

Posted 06-07-2019 11:33 AM

Hello fellow mentors,

My mentee is looking for an externship site related to her interest in voice.  Below she has provided a description of what she would like to experience.   Please share any information that you think may be of help in locating a site for her.  You can reply directly to me - thank you in advance!

Jeanne McMillan

I am looking for an externship placement in any setting, preferably private
    practice or outpatient, that would provide me substantial experience working
    with clients with voice disorders. I am looking for a site in the California Bay
    Area, and the placement would be full time between January - May 2020. I would
    be happy to share more of my experience/knowledge related to voice as well as
    more information about externship.

Jeanne McMillan, Ed.D, CCC-SLP
    Assistant Clinical Professor/Speech Language Pathologist
    Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology
    Ball State University
    Arts and Communications  Bldg, 120A
    ph: 765-285-8176

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy this email.