What are your goals for S.T.E.P 2019 ?

---------------------------------
    Shayan Ahmadi Mirghaid
    Ahvaz
    ---------------------------------

• 2.  RE: S.T.E.P goals

Posted 04-12-2019 09:00 PM
    Hey Shayan!

I think it's a great place to start mentoring relationships. I've found it's highly beneficial as a mentor- to be able to share my past mistakes and help others avoid some of the silly mistakes. :)

Best regards,
    Kenzie VanDerwerker

• 3.  RE: S.T.E.P goals

Posted 04-16-2019 06:13 PM
    I have not had time to put them in.  I have had difficulty in accessing the calendar and other parts of the STEP program (probably due to school access) though I am able to do messages and e-mail.  We are meeting over the phone and by text.

Thank you,
    Lori D. Ortiz MSEd., CCC-SLP
    Speech-Language Pathologist
    Meadowcreek High School
    Berkmar High School
                                                              Problems are Opportunities in Disguise!!

• 4.  RE: S.T.E.P goals

Posted 04-17-2019 09:04 AM
    Please let me know how I can connect! 

• 5.  RE: S.T.E.P goals

Posted 04-18-2019 11:59 AM
    I have had difficulties as well in accessing some of the STEP website features. But I am totally loving this program!

Sent from my iPad

• 6.  RE: S.T.E.P goals

Posted 04-18-2019 12:16 PM
    My goal is to learn as much as I can from my mentor and explore new resources as I grow as an early clinician.  My S.T.E.P. experience has been a very informative and supportive one.  I am very grateful for my mentor's guidance and truly appreciate everything that she has shared with me! Thank you!

------------------------------
    Heather Nakahara
    Los Angeles, CA

• 7.  RE: S.T.E.P goals

Posted 04-17-2019 10:25 AM
    MY goals are :
    -reading and discussing articles pertinent to current clients
    -researching ASHA requirements for graduate degrees from other countries
    -resume/linked in

Shayan Ahmadi Mirghaid
    Ahvaz

• 8.  RE: S.T.E.P goals

Posted 04-17-2019 10:58 AM
    Edited by Yuh-Fang Lee 04-17-2019 10:58 AM
    I have two mentees this year, who are at different stages of their SLP career.

For the new CF clinian, our goal is to explore different work settings to help her explore her own preferences and clinical interest, and share/ explore resources for treatment approaches/ materials based on her clients.

For the college graduate, we are connecting with graduate programs and alumni, and developing a good application package  for school year 2021.

Yuh-Fang Lee
    Harbor City, California

• 9.  RE: S.T.E.P goals

Posted 04-17-2019 11:50 AM
    My goal is to get my mentee to respond to me!

Sent from Karin's iPhone

• 10.  RE: S.T.E.P goals

Posted 04-17-2019 12:02 PM
    I have two goals, that my mentee responds to me, and that they reach out with more questions. I thought the idea was for them to gain as much information as they could to be prepared for the next step in their journey; however I find myself being the one asking all the questions and getting one to two line responses. I would love a mentee who is invested in the process and would like to learn from our experiences from college as well as in our professional endeavors.

Michelle M Fuster, M.S., CCC-SLP
    Owner Making a Difference Therapy
    Bilingual Speech-Language Pathologist
    michmarie98@hotmail.com
    321-443-1173
    Kissimmee, FL

• 11.  RE: S.T.E.P goals

Posted 04-17-2019 11:56 AM
    My goals include: Increasing knowledge of clinical practice during graduate school and the CF year.

Roddy Bodden
    Brooklyn, NY

• 12.  RE: S.T.E.P goals

Posted 04-18-2019 12:25 PM
    Hi, I am a first-semester graduate student in the SLP program. I really like this program and my mentor and I are maintaining a good relationship. She has been such as great mentor and her suggestions are very useful! However, I found some features of the website are difficult to use. I like the reminder of the recurring phone calls. But overall, this experience has been very positive! I am glad I joined! I am also sharing this program with my cohort too.

Yan Zeng
    Flushing, NY

• 13.  RE: S.T.E.P goals

Posted 04-18-2019 12:44 PM
    Sorry, forget to mention about my goals.
    Utilize concise written language in clinical writing activities with appropriate terminology
    Improve communication by expressing ideas professionally with parents and clients (I would add --- and other professionals, including teachers, paras, SLPs, etc.)

Yan Zeng
    Flushing, NY