Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  Last Chance! Submit a Poster Proposal for the 2019 Connect Conferences!

Posted 01-30-2019 01:32 PM
    Edited by Rebecca Politis 01-31-2019 09:29 AM

Showcase your work in the field during a poster session at ASHA's 2019 Connect conferences (July 19-21, Chicago, IL)!  With three conferences (Schools Connect, Heath Care Connect, and Private Practice Connect)  co-located, you have the unique opportunity to share a project, or a clinical or business model with passionate speech-language pathologists (SLPs) from various work settings.

Poster sessions are a structured yet informal way to present your work and get visibility for ideas. Ideally, posters will highlight:  

• Outcomes of clinical tools and programs 
    • Innovative service delivery models  
    • Interesting case studies  
    • Interprofessional collaborations Business solutions and efficiencies 
    • Research results 

Submit yours now!

Submission deadline: February 15, 2019

------------------------------
    Rebecca Politis, MS, CCC-SLP
    Associate Director, Health Care Services
    American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)

• 2.  RE: Last Chance! Submit a Poster Proposal for the 2019 Connect Conferences!

Posted 02-26-2019 04:47 PM
    HI,
    So is there a great outline on how to do a poster?  Is it just a matter of having pictures and talking about what you did or do you need to have research articles presented, data, etc?  I would love to get a little guidance.  I may have a therapy technique that I have been using that I would like to do a poster on one day.

Raquel Reed

Raquel Reed
    colorado springs, CO

• 3.  RE: Last Chance! Submit a Poster Proposal for the 2019 Connect Conferences!

Posted 02-27-2019 10:44 AM
    Hi Racquel,

Posters are typically visual representations of a research study that has been conducted. Typically, the poster will contain similar sections to that of a research paper: background, methods, results, discussion, conclusion etc. I did a quick Google search and found this helpful tutorial from NYU Libraries: https://guides.nyu.edu/posters. If you would like to discuss this further, I would be happy to chat. Feel free to email me any time at rpolitis@asha.org.

Thanks for your interest and for reaching out to ASHA!

Rebecca

Rebecca Politis, MS, CCC-SLP
    Associate Director, Health Care Services
    American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)

• 4.  RE: Last Chance! Submit a Poster Proposal for the 2019 Connect Conferences!

Posted 02-27-2019 09:52 PM

Raquel,

This is a great question!  Personally, I have put together both research related posters as well as posters that were related to clinical service provision and/or other professional activities.  I am attaching PDF files of 2 posters that are more "clinical service provision OR professional activity".  All of these variations have a place in the world of presentations etc.  The key is the conference and the audience (research focus vs/ clinical service provision).  If you have an idea that you think others would like to see and/or hear about, I would STRONGLY encourage you to submit it to the ASHA convention as a poster (Call for Papers:  https://convention.asha.org/Call-For-Papers/; Topic areas: https://convention.asha.org/topic_areas.aspx). 

Hope this is useful!

Donna

Donna Fisher Smiley, Ph.D., CCC-A

ASHA Fellow
    Audiology Supervisor/Audiologist
    Arkansas Children's Hospital

1 Children's Way ● Slot 113  ● Little Rock, AR 72202

(501) 680-2718  direct  ● (501) 364-6881 fax
    WebsiteFacebookTwitterLinkedIn

ACmasterbrand