Discussion: View Thread

New Facebook Group: Speech Paths for Compassion and Social Justice

• 1.  New Facebook Group: Speech Paths for Compassion and Social Justice

Posted 06-29-2020 05:19 PM
    Hi All,

I just founded a new Facebook group entitled Speech Paths for Compassion and Social Justice. If you are a Facebook user and you feel in sync with this page, please feel free to join us. Here is my statement of the group's purpose:

This group is primarily for practicing speech paths, retired speech paths, and students preparing to enter our field but is open to anyone interested in the intersection between communication, compassion, and social justice.

In addition to raising awareness about all aspects of social justice, this site is about increasing empathy, compassion, and generating "mega-love" for the human race and the planet. This is a space where people can feel free to come to learn, share what empowers and challenges them, make mistakes, listen to other's points of view, and question ourselves and each other in a way that respects the dignity of every human being.

Some basic guidelines for posting here are to understand that there is a boundary around disrespectful comments as well as insisting upon being right and making others wrong. This style of input is not welcome. If you an interested in engaging in energy-draining drama, I kindly ask you to explore elsewhere.

My hope is that we can gather resources and insights regarding how to deepen our awareness of social justice and how it impacts the people we serve. As integrating the field of speech path with the creative arts is another one of my passions, I encourage posting ideas and resources that make use of the arts to teach, and inspire creative expression on the part of our clients and ourselves.

If this resonates with you, please join us!

Jim Cartwright

--
    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.

NOTE TO CLIENTS: There are inherent confidentiality risks in communicating by email.  While safeguards are in place to ensure your privacy, you should not use email communication if you are concerned about any breaches of privacy that might inadvertently occur.