Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  Reaching out to clients- BHSM

Posted 05-24-2020 02:25 PM
    I was wondering how everyone was reaching out to their clients and patients virtually during BHSM.  Have you been emailing them with materials or PSAs?  I was thinking that this upcoming week would be a great time to reach out to them to close out BHSM with some informational material.  Has anyone done this for May?

------------------------------
    Faith Mogila, ScD, CCC-A
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Reaching out to clients- BHSM

Posted 05-24-2020 04:28 PM

Faith – this is a great question.  I can give two examples of things that we have done at Arkansas Children's for BHSM to reach out to our clients/patients this year.  First, we have used social media to push out messages, typically inspirational stories, to highlight speech-language-hearing issues and how we can help.  Here is a snapshot of a recent post that was made this month:

The second thing that we have done, partly because of COVID and partly to highlight BHSM, has been to send out resources via email (written materials, websites, etc) to teachers, SLPs and other school based personnel.  In a way, these folks are our "clients" (for those of us who provide school-based audiology services). 

Thanks for asking this question.  I look forward to hearing how others are addressing BHSM this year.

Donna

Donna Fisher Smiley, Ph.D., CCC-A

ASHA Fellow
    Audiology Supervisor/Audiologist
    Arkansas Children's Hospital

1 Children's Way ● Slot 113  ● Little Rock, AR 72202

(501) 680-2718  direct  ● (501) 364-6881 fax
    WebsiteFacebookTwitterLinkedIn

ACmasterbrand