Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  Are you a SIG Member?

Posted 09-28-2021 06:48 PM
    Are you currently a SIG (Special Interest Group) Member for ASHA? There are plenty of clinical and professional benefits from being apart of a SIG for both speech-language pathologists and audiologists. There are 19 different SIG's ranging from Language Learning and Education (SIG 1), Auditory Rehabilitation (SIG 7) to Speech Science (SIG 19). 

SIG's allow you to be connected to a community of like-minded professionals within CSD to learn, network, and collaborate on specific topics of interest to you! You can connect through the ASHA Online Community to share material or even participate in a live online chat.

Check out more info here! ASHA SIG LINK

Happy SIG(ing)!
    Garrett Nathan

------------------------------
    Garrett Nathan
    gnathan523@gmail.com
    Omaha NE

• 2.  RE: Are you a SIG Member?

Posted 10-01-2021 11:13 AM
    Happy Friday all! I just wanted to support Garrett's suggestion in getting involved with a SIG or SIGs. The benefits of membership are great. You have the opportunity to learn more about the area you have selected. You have the opportunity to meet other SLPs or AUDs who have a similar interest, and you have access to the Perspectives journal for your SIG or SIGs. I have been a SIG member for MANY years and my membership has been a great experience for me. Hope it will be the same for you.

Wren Newman
    Fort Lauderdale, FL