Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  ASHA Connect 2020

Posted 01-23-2020 08:58 AM
    Did you know about ASHA Connect? 

ASHA Connect is a two-day, in person conference geared towards SLP professionals.  This year the event will be held on July 10-12 in Dallas, TX.
    The unique setup of ASHA Connect is that there are three conferences in one, which means you can pick the option which best meets your continuing education needs. 

• Schools Connect= This meeting will focus on working with pediatric clients.  Information will be provided on practical strategies to use when interacting with school-aged children.  There will also be sessions discussing interprofessional collaboration with administrators, teachers and other professionals.
    • Healthcare Connect= This meeting will focus on current research in the field of assessment.  Emerging strategies with an emphasis on evidence-based practice will be presented, as well as, case examples.  Updates in regulations will be discussed for the healthcare sector.  This is a great way to learn new methods to implement in your daily practice.
    • Private Practice Connect= This meeting will focus on how to manage and grow your business and caseload.  Sessions will focus on various forms of service delivery and management, which in turn, will increase productivity and efficiency.

The window to submit posters is open now until 2/12.  If you think you have some information that would be beneficial to share with your colleagues, please consider submitting!  

For more information, visit ASHA Connect 2020

------------------------------
    Faith Mogila, ScD, CCC-A
    Representative from Committee on Leadership Cultivation

• 2.  RE: ASHA Connect 2020

Posted 01-24-2020 07:05 AM
    Thank you for posting, Faith! My understanding is that the session presenters are invited versus selected through a submission process. Can you share how the invitees are selected? 

With gratitude,
    Stacey

Stacey Ann Crowley
    Weaverville, NC

• 3.  RE: ASHA Connect 2020

Posted 01-24-2020 08:40 AM

Hi Stacey!

I am going to jump in here and tell you what I know about this topic and others can chime in too.  You are correct that the session presenters for Connect are selected and there is no open call for submissions.  I believe those decisions are made by internal teams at ASHA (staff).  I do believe that member input is taken from various groups (e.g. SIGs) if they have ideas or requests for topics/speakers.   BUT there is a call for posters for Connect (which is what Faith posted about).

I hope that answers your question – but if not, let us know and we will ask for more information from National Office staff.

THANKS!

Donna

Donna Fisher Smiley, Ph.D., CCC-A

ASHA Fellow
    Audiology Supervisor/Audiologist
    Arkansas Children's Hospital

1 Children's Way ● Slot 113  ● Little Rock, AR 72202

(501) 680-2718  direct  ● (501) 364-6881 fax
    WebsiteFacebookTwitterLinkedIn

ACmasterbrand