Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  Book recommendations

Posted 11-27-2018 08:31 PM
    Do any of my leadership colleagues out there have a favorite "go-to" source on generational differences?  Ready-Set-Go!

Melissa S. Passe M.A., CCC-SLP
    Director,  Speech and Hearing Clinic
    Truman State University
    660-785-7425 (office)
    660-341-6621 (cell)

As of January 1, 2020 everyone who supervises a student or mentors a CF will need 2 CE hours in supervision training.  Ask me how to do this right now FOR FREE!

Curious about my real life?  Join me at midlifemelissa.blogspot.com and read all about it.

Sent from my iPad 

• 2.  RE: Book recommendations

Posted 11-28-2018 08:33 AM
    Hi Melissa,
    There’s always Lancaster and Stillman for the very early coverage of this topic. I also like Michael Urich because he addresses issues in the workplace related to generational differences in adult learning.
    Melanie

---------------------------------
    Melanie W. Hudson M.A., CCC-SLP F-ASHA
    Member, ASHA Board of Directors
    Chair, SLP Advisory Council
    melaniehudsonslp@comcast.net
    678-357-1856
    ---------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Book recommendations

Posted 11-30-2018 07:00 AM
    I would recommend The Multigenerational Workplace by Jennifer Abrams and Valerie von Frank. It's an interesting read and has several discussion activities that can be used to facilitate discussion. The Multigenerational Workplace: Communicate, Collaborate, and Create Community
    Amazon remove preview
    The Multigenerational Workplace: Communicate, Collaborate, and Create Community
    Bridge the generation gap and achieve outstanding results! You might expect the occasional age-related misunderstanding to find its way into the classroom-after all, if today's kids aren't exactly fro
    View this on Amazon >

Jennifer

------------------------------
    Jennifer Schultz, MA/CCC-SLP
    ASHA 2018 Language & Learning in School-Age Individuals Topic Co-Chair
    jennifer.schultz@mitchelltech.edu
    Instructor
    SLPA Program
    Mitchell Technical Institute
    Mitchell, SD
    (605) 995-7245
    ------------------------------