Discussion: View Thread

Tips for Tomorrow's Live Chat (10/25/18 | 12:00-3:00pm ET)

• 1.  Tips for Tomorrow's Live Chat (10/25/18 | 12:00-3:00pm ET)

Posted 10-24-2018 11:00 AM
    Hello all, 

This is one last reminder that the live chat will begin tomorrow, October 25, from 12-3pm ET. Below are a few tips for your participation: 

• We will be discussing ways to prepare yourself for leadership and how to get involved in leadership for the professions.

• If you have not already done so, be sure to RSVP. If you are unable to participate but have a question, you can RSVP, choose "No," and type in your question. We will ask it on your behalf. 

• This is not a webinar; it is an active, live discussion. If you are unable to participate, you can view the conversation by finding the corresponding discussion item in the Leadership Academy's Discussion section. 

• The easiest way to actively participate:  
      • **Important!** Make sure your Leadership Academy discussion alerts are set to REAL TIME. With real-time alerts, you'll get emails with participants' contributions and can easily hit "Reply" from that email to respond/contribute. 
        • Go to Profile > My Account > Community Notifications to adjust to real-time alerts. You can always change back to Daily Digest, if need be, afterward. 

• If, during the discussion, you have a question/comment for a specific person, you can tag that person, similarly to how you would tag someone in a Facebook comment or post. Type the @ sign and that person's name.
        • For example, if you wanted to direct a question/comment to me, it would look like this: @Haley Jones. (As you type, the name will populate. If you are tagged, you'll receive an email alert that you've been tagged in a discussion item.) 
    If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to me or respond to this post if you think the answer will be helpful to others! 

We look forward to chatting with you tomorrow.

------------------------------
    Haley Jones
    hjones@asha.org
    Ph: 301-296-5713
    ------------------------------