Discussion: View Thread

Looking to level-up the pay scale? Post-Master's Certificate that could help!

• 1.  Looking to level-up the pay scale? Post-Master's Certificate that could help!

Posted 07-05-2020 09:44 AM
    Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing well and are having a wonderful summer. I wanted to send a reminder about a post-master's certificate option we will be offering in the fall.

The University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) is offering a completely ONLINE post-master's certificate program designed specifically for SLPs who work with school-age children. The post-master's program "Advanced School-Based Speech-Language Pathology Certificate" will be offered this fall by our program.  For many school districts, speech-language pathologists are on the same salary schedule as teachers. In most cases, 12-15 hours of graduate level coursework can assist SLPs to level up on the salary scale. This varies by state and district, so be sure to check with your HR representative. The certificate will take 3 semesters to complete (fall, spring, and a 5-week summer course). Prospective participants can also take individual courses if desired and portions of the course will count for professional development credit. Space is limited and spots are filling quickly. It can take a little time (especially during the pandemic) to process applications so we are encouraging interested students to register for updates or go ahead and enroll in the certificate program. Students enroll as "non-degree seeking" for the certificate program with the graduate school.

For additional information about the courses or the certificate, check out this 
    WEBSITE.

Please feel free to share the link or this information with anyone you think might be interested. For additional questions, please feel free to email me at rglade@uark.edu.

------------------------------
    Rachel Glade, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert. AVT
    Speech-Language Pathologist
    Certified Auditory-Verbal Therapist
    Program Director, Communication Sciences and Disorders Program
    University of Arkansas
    479-575-3575
    rglade@uark.edu
    ------------------------------