Discussion: View Thread

Resources for adults with hearing loss

• 1.  Resources for adults with hearing loss

Posted 05-10-2021 09:17 AM
    I am not sure if everyone received the email about ASHA's recent poll regarding adults with hearing loss, so I thought I would share.  There is a lot of great information here!  Please see below:  

On May 3, 2021, ASHA President, Lynn Williams, and ASHA Vice President for Standards and Ethics in Audiology, Valeria Matlock, took part in a media tour to promote a recent ASHA poll on hearing loss in adults and to share a new public service announcement "Act Now on Hearing". Please use these resources as they best fit you and your practice. 

ASHA Public Service Announcement

English: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhdf3My5iFc

Spanish: www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1ZnnsQUn48

Act Now on Hearing

Many people wait years or even decades to seek help for their hearing loss, as illustrated in the new televised public service announcement, Act Now on Hearing. By taking action, a person can improve their overall health, mental health, personal relationships, and quality of life. Act Now on Hearing is a public service announcement campaign of ...

www.youtube.com

Act Now on Hearing webpage

English: www.ActNowOnHearing.com 

Spanish: www.actuemosparalaaudicion.org 

ASHA Press Release

English: www.asha.org/news/2021/...

Spanish: www.asha.org/news/2021/...

Shareable Graphics in English and Spanish

www.asha.org/bhsm

Full ASHA-YouGov report, Attitudes and Actions Towards Hearing Health

www.asha.org/siteassets/bhsm/2021/...

If you have questions, please reach out to ASHA's Public Relations Manager, Francine Pierson, at fpierson@asha.org.

------------------------------
    Faith Mogila, ScD, CCC-A

------------------------------