STEP Mentees

View Only
  • 1.  Weekly Training: Certification Application & Standard Changes

Posted 05-16-2018 04:42 PM

Weekly Training: Certification Application & Standard Changes

Are you ready to become a member of your professional association? ASHA, the association that connects you with 198,000 committed CSD professionals, the association that is the premier resource for audiology and slp professions and the association that saves you money through a variety of member benefits.

If you answered yes, then apply now, during ASHA's Gift to the Grad and get up to 20 months of membership for the price of 12. Apply for ASHA membership and certification by August 31, 2018, to get this great deal. NSSLHA members, the Gift to the Grad can be combined with the NSSLHA Conversion discount.  Don't delay…the earlier you apply, the more months of membership you receive.

Certification Standards to Change in 2020

You are still in school and won't be ready to apply for ASHA membership and certification until 2020. Get ready because Standards in Audiology and Speech-language pathology will change for those applying beginning, January 2020.

Discussion:

Mentees: What are you looking forward to the most as an ASHA member?

Mentors: What would you say is the biggest benefit to your ASHA membership?

STEP logo

------------------------------
    Melanie Johnson
    Membership Program Manager

• 2.  RE: Weekly Training: Certification Application & Standard Changes

Posted 05-16-2018 08:54 PM
    Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well, as we are rapidly approaching summer! As a recent graduate (M.S.), I cannot wait to join ASHA, as I have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of NSSHLA as well. Thanks to ASHA for providing excellent resources, such as the clinic practice portal, ASHA Wire, scholarship opportunities, and mentoring programs, like this one. The Special Interest Groups (SIG) have been such a benefit for connecting with other SLP professionals. Also, SIGS have given me the ability to develop clinical skills and gain knowledge pertinent to my scopes of interest (dysphagia, voice, and cultural/linguistic diversity). As an ASHA member, I look forward to forming more connections to other speech-language pathologists and audiologist. I also look forward to voting in elections for the ASHA president and other officials. The most important thing is that I want to gain out of membership is to contribute to the growth and advocacy of ASHA , as ASHA has been excellent!

Have a great beginning of summer and congratulations to all recent graduates!

Mary Wyatt
    LA