Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  CEU and Supervision

Posted 02-23-2018 10:25 AM
    Hello Colleagues,

Can the webinars available in the leadership academy count towards the 10 hrs of CEUs required for supervision of SLPA's?

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Mallory Moore M.S. CCC-SLP
    Ozark, MO

• 2.  RE: CEU and Supervision

Posted 02-23-2018 11:05 AM

Hi Mallory (et al),

I am forwarding your email to our professional development team to get an answer. I will post on their response to this thread.

Best,
    Haley

Haley M. Jones

Volunteer Operations Manager

Direct Line: 301-296-5713

Looking for a CE course? Search thousands of courses at ASHA CEFind!

• 3.  RE: CEU and Supervision

Posted 02-23-2018 11:37 AM

Mallory – that is a great question and I do NOT know the answer myself, but I will ask some of the ASHA staff to answer that for us.  So stay tuned for an answer to your question.

Donna

Donna Fisher Smiley, Ph.D., CCC-A
    Audiology Supervisor/Audiologist
    Arkansas Children's Hospital

1 Children's Way ● Slot 113  ● Little Rock, AR 72202

(501) 680-2718  direct  ● (501) 364-6881 fax
    Website Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

ACmasterbrand

• 4.  RE: CEU and Supervision

Posted 02-23-2018 02:54 PM
    Hello again, 

The answer to your question is below. If you have any additional questions, please let me know! 

Any course that ASHA provides that grants CEUs (and professional development hours) can be credited toward relevant supervision training for audiology assistants or SLPAs. ASHA does not endorse or prescribe any particular course for this training, but believes that a variety of educational offerings available can meet the needs for management, leadership, and supervision education. There are also a multitude of resources (such as the Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Scope of Practice at https://www.asha.org/policy/SP2013-00337/) that would enhance any leadership, management, or supervision course and highlight the specifics regarding supervision of SLPAs.

Haley Jones
    hjones@asha.org
    Ph: 301-296-5713

• 5.  RE: CEU and Supervision

Posted 02-23-2018 03:03 PM
    Haley:

Thank you for the answer to this question. I just checked my own ASHA CEU maintenance transcript and can verify that the Leadership Academy Webinar I competed for CEUs on February 9 is now listed on my CEU certification and maintenance summary.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

• 6.  RE: CEU and Supervision

Posted 02-23-2018 03:49 PM
    Thank you so much for looking into this!

Mallory Moore
    Ozark, MO