Discussion: View Thread

Networking and Leadership Styles

• 1.  Networking and Leadership Styles

Posted 02-09-2018 11:50 AM
    ​Donna and Stephanie

I sincerely appreciated your views on the vital importance of networking.  An important element of face-to-face networking for me has been to provide new contacts with my business card and then following up with an outreach email or text after a meeting.  This has been extremely valuable to me and helped me strengthen that connection that keeps me "in the network." 

I just finished the ASHA Leadership Academy Webinar on Leadership Styles and want to highlight how valuable this presentation was regarding my own understanding of how to adjust my leadership style as the tasks and people I am asked to lead change.  The webinar offers evidence-based guidance on 7 types of leadership styles; how you can assess your own style(s), and what you need to do to broaden your leadership expertise based on the continuum of tasks and people.  I now have a much clearer understanding about how to develop the actions and motivation needed to advance an agenda based on important factors such as the need to create a team or foster engagement in contrast to leadership required to rapidly set the pace for the group because of key risk factors related to the task at hand.  

Any additional perspectives on networking and leadership style would be appreciated.

------------------------------
    Robert Augustine
    Washington, DC
    ------------------------------