Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  favorite quote...

Posted 08-01-2018 09:56 AM

I always tell my students "when you are uncomfortable it means you are growing" and "the only to it is through it".

Kathy L. Shapley Ph.D. CCC-SLP

Chair and Professor Speech Language Pathology

College of Nursing and Health Sciences

Mississippi University for Women

1100 College St  MUW-1340

Columbus, MS  39701-5800

Phone:  662.329.7272

Fax: 662-329-7460

• 2.  RE: favorite quote...

Posted 08-04-2018 10:13 AM
    Great quote Kathy, I'm telling myself that now as part of life. Thanks for sharing.

------------------------------
    Davetrina Gadson
    Athens, GA

• 3.  RE: favorite quote...

Posted 08-04-2018 02:30 PM
    Hello,
    I am new to the Leadership Academy and this quote is so applicable to me, both professionally and personally. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to becoming a more active participant with the Leadership Academy and enhancing my leadership qualities. Are there any helpful hints or suggestions anyone can pass on to me? 

Thanks,

Suzanne Williams, Ph.D, CCC-SLP
    River Forest Public Schools
    Elmhurst College

• 4.  RE: favorite quote...

Posted 08-14-2018 08:57 AM
    <g class="gr_ gr_16 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="16" data-gr-id="16">Hi</g> Suzanne welcome. I would say <g class="gr_ gr_38 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="38" data-gr-id="38">stayed</g> tuned to the discussion boards and chats, there always some great nuggets of wisdom floating around. <g class="gr_ gr_330 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="330" data-gr-id="330">Also</g> the committee on leadership cultivation (CLC) will be presenting a poster and oral session at ASHA please stop by.

Davetrina Gadson
    Athens, GA

• 5.  RE: favorite quote...

Posted 08-05-2018 09:56 AM
    Wow! That's definitely what I'm experiencing right now. Great quote. Thanks for sharing.

Ashley Culmer
    Atlanta, GA