Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  Academy Webinar on Influencing Others

Posted 04-18-2018 01:38 PM

I had an opportunity this week to complete the Leadership Academy Webinar Leadership Academy: Influencing Others. The webinar offered strategies and practical guidance on how to both advocate for an initiative and respond to others when working to advance a key project. I am currently working on a large project on the master's degree that requires the skill of influencing others to adopt new evidence and new processes for evaluating master's degree applicants. I highly recommend this webinar to anyone who needs guidance on how to positively engage others to consider original approaches and new tools to address a problem and achieve change. Thank you to ASHA's Leadership Academy. Like Donna, I extend my congratulations to ASHA on earning the ASAE Cold Circle Award in the area of New Product/Service Launch related to this new leadership development program. Having completed several of the webinars, I appreciate the value of this new leadership development program for ASHA members. I am planning to take the webinar on Change Leadership soon!

------------------------------
    Robert Augustine
    Washington, DC

• 2.  RE: Academy Webinar on Influencing Others

Posted 04-18-2018 01:52 PM

In case you didn't see it this week, ASHA announced (in the Headlines email) the following wonderful news about the Leadership Academy launched in late 2017:

ASAE Gold Award for Leadership Academy
    ASHA's newly launched 
    Leadership Academy  has won an ASAE "Gold Circle Award" (GCA) for 2018 in the category of New Product/Service Launch Campaign. Gold Circle Awards recognize truly extraordinary association programs in the Marketing, Membership, and Communications fields. GCA recognitions are awarded only once annually, which also includes the Gold Circle Award for Overall Excellence. The New Product/Service Launch Campaign category recognizes an outstanding new product/service launch campaign, with elements that may include web pages/micro-sites, printed material, electronic material, social media, video, apps, and other supporting materials. Success metrics may include revenue as a result of the product/service, proof of member engagement with the product/service, and the product's effect on member recruitment/retention.

Congratulations to the ASHA Staff who made this project happen AND congrats to all of us for participating in this new endeavor (via its online community).

Donna

Donna Fisher Smiley, Ph.D., CCC-A
    Audiology Supervisor/Audiologist
    Arkansas Children's Hospital

1 Children's Way ● Slot 113  ● Little Rock, AR 72202

(501) 680-2718  direct  ● (501) 364-6881 fax
    Website Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

ACmasterbrand

• 3.  RE: Academy Webinar on Influencing Others

Posted 04-19-2018 05:22 AM
    This sounds like an excellent webinar and I look forward to taking it!

• 4.  RE: Academy Webinar on Influencing Others

Posted 04-19-2018 07:52 AM
    This is an excellent opportunity for ASHA Members.  Thank you!

Robin Alvares
    Wilmington, DE

• 5.  RE: Academy Webinar on Influencing Others

Posted 04-19-2018 10:12 AM
    A job well done!!! Congratulations indeed:)
    --
    Molly Thompson M.S. CCC-SLP
    ASHA Fellow
    Pediatric Speech Language SVS
    Part of the Ability Group Consortium
    4325 Laurel Street #100
    Anchorage AK 99508
    Phone: 907-569-5669 Fax:866-861-8204
    www.polarspeech.com www.abilitygroupak.com